AIRGEAR :: Gates of Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy, past its sell by date?

Go down 
3 posters

Yes
Final Fantasy, past its sell by date? Vote_lcap75%Final Fantasy, past its sell by date? Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
No
Final Fantasy, past its sell by date? Vote_lcap25%Final Fantasy, past its sell by date? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Reaper
C-Class Storm Rider
Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Final Fantasy, past its sell by date? Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy, past its sell by date?   Final Fantasy, past its sell by date? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:40 pm

I've been a long time fan of this series since the very early 90's and have the original NES games too, however the recent chain of FF7 remakes is making me reconsider the credibility of the series. As of late their has been a lack of originality and everything nowadays merely seems rehashed. 4, 8 and 12 were my favourites so give me your opinion on the series and whether you think the animal should be laid to rest after 13.
Back to top Go down
Azuu
Storm Rider Groupie
Azuu

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy, past its sell by date?   Final Fantasy, past its sell by date? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:07 pm

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58184

Pay attention to the part where the song says "They'll be making these 'til the end of time,"

:3
Back to top Go down
Reaper
C-Class Storm Rider
Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy, past its sell by date?   Final Fantasy, past its sell by date? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:27 pm

LMAO
That's awesomely bad and yet highly entertaining. It has a very valid point though cause I know people like that. Same thing with GTA as well, the first few were badass now its just copy pasted crap.
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy, past its sell by date?   Final Fantasy, past its sell by date? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:50 pm

I agree w/ you Reaper. Before the FF series became widely popular, it was easier for them to meet their deadlines. But once the pressure was on them, they probably started thinking, "who/what do the fans want to really see?" Some of them might have actually played the games again to check some things and reintroduce mini-games or scenarios that they probably thought were fun. Think about the FFX series. A lot of mini-games and crap were re-introduced since the character didn't get much time to do them with the crisis' that were going on around them. Recently, though, Shinra Company and the SOLDIERS have become a main focus. Which, I can understand since a lot of people are like, "I want to see Zack, Cloud, and Sephiroth back when everything was good." I'll even admit to being one of those people. Though, my reasoning sprouted from a fan picture a guy I knew in middle school showed me. It had Zack, Cloud, and General Sephiroth taking a candid photo before a mission. From memory, though, I've only played (not beaten) 3, 10, 10-2, 12, Dirge or Cerberus, and Crisis Core.

And lastly, am I the only one who's curious about how it got from the near apocalytic end in Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, skipped 2, and went to a whole new approach in 3? If I missed something, please tell me, for I am definitely lost in a worm-hole on this side of Rogue Galaxy. Somewhere near the Gurhal System I think...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy, past its sell by date?   Final Fantasy, past its sell by date? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1