AIRGEAR :: Gates of Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Cactus
Storm Rider Groupie
Mr. Cactus

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal   Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:44 am

I take my pics, and upload them for our mutual pleasure. In a way, it's art if I take artsy fartsy pictures. Format goes as such:

Adventure Date
Title

Narration
Picture

Here we go:

Today's Adventure (Friday the 13th, February 2009)
Go Meet Kinneth

Mom driving me to the station.
Spoiler:

The Station.
Spoiler:

In a good mood, despite the rain, I pose along with the cast of Walt Disney's "Race to Witch Mountain"
Spoiler:

Managed to get a picture of the trains crack
Spoiler:

Artsy fartsy picture of a cloud on a mountain to fulfill the requirement of a Art thread
Spoiler:

Before you view this next series of photos, I should let you in that I accidentally missed the stop to the Los Angeles Union Center (where I was supposed to drop off before heading out to Downtown Burbank). Because of this, I ended up in San Bernadino. Luckily, that train ended up heading in the direction of the LA Union Center anyways.

But basically, this next set of photos were taken when, half way through the Line to LA, I decided to take some pictures of the sign posts. There was also a real funny picture of a knocked over Concrete thing that looked like a penis, but the train passed by too fast to get it.

Here's also the map depicting what happened:

Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal MetrolinkSystemMap-Web

And here's the sign posts! steadily coming closer and closer to Downtown Burbank!

Spoiler:

This was a car that was racing against the Train along the 710 freeway (and beat it too)
Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal IMG_1434

Ooh, getting closer to Burbank! And also a Subadventure into the Los Angeles Union Center
Spoiler:

Alright. After taking the right train to Downtown Burbank, I got slightly lost, and after asking for directions, found the light and got back onto the right track. However, at this time it was 1:40ish, and using my experience with High School class schedules, I assumed that class would end at 2:30pm. And I still hadn't bought a box of chocolates yet! (You can't visit a girl on the day before Valentine's Day without a Box of Chocolates!) Soo...

I ended up sprinting along 1st Street to get to the Burbank Town Center, asking directions towards the nearest See's Candy. As peaceful as this image looked, it was raining fairly hard, and the wind was killing me.
Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal IMG_1442

When I arrived at See's Candy, there was a bigass line! So that delayed me about 20 minutes. By the time I had my chocolates locked and loaded, it was approximately 2:10. I hauled ass like no other and my reward was...

Arriving at Burbank High before school ended!
Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal IMG_1443

Also, a picture of my handy dandy equipment I carried along with me:

Cellphone, Soggy Google Map Papers, Eyeglasses missing one bridge cushion, Wallet, Train Ticket, Train Schedule, and my $19.50 Milk Chocolate Assortment all in a Red Heart Box (I ate some chocolates because I was hungry though)
Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal IMG_1444

Well, what happened next was disheartening, but I ended up waiting outside on the steps for roughly 4-5 hours. Mainly because I was too stupid to even consider going home at the time, so I ended just sitting there freezing my face off (ass was still warm though).

Somewhere along the line my friend Eddie (bucca_kun) called me, and asked me where I was, supposedly an inquiry from Kinneth. I couldn't hear most of what he was saying, but I managed to piece enough together to answer his question. This happened several times, as apparently the Shoutbox in SS was talking about it.

Anyways, my morale was boosted, and I figured that if she knew where I was, chances are she would find me much easier, and I could deliver my chocolates and do what I had come here to do, Meet Kinneth. I did consider the option that she wouldn't come and I'd just end up sitting there looking lost, but not too seriously.

Unfortunately, the latter situation happened, and after a call from Eddie, who was wondering what I was doing, I decided that I wasn't going to see Kin afterall. Dispirited, dejected, and depressed, I walked to the Burbank Town Center, bought a Wetzel Dog to warm me up, and took the train home.

Somewhere along the way, I guess I was still mentally functioning enough to take this picture:

Shellshocked Ryan waiting for the train with his undelivered See's candy
Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal IMG_1445

Well, I ended up going home, and that's pretty much the end of the story. I didn't meet Kinneth, so my goal wasn't accomplished, but along the way I did alot of insightful thinking that helped me grow as a person, but unfortunately, at the cost of feeling quite hollow (eyes were heavy watery, but couldn't manage to squeeze out a tear).

All in all:

I managed to take a picture of the Burbank Station before I left. I don't intend on coming back though, so farewell!
Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal IMG_1446

Back to square one, Home sweet home in Irvine.
Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal IMG_1447

After an exhausting day, I didn't do what I came to do, but I did learn a couple things, so not a total waste of a day.

Last edited by Mr. Cactus on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Etsuuko
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Etsuuko

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal   Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:55 pm

I can't tell if this is sweet or creepy. O A o;;
Back to top Go down
http://airgear.heavenforum.com

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal   Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:24 am

Sunday Early Morning (February 15th, 2009 2:21 AM)
Get to the Computer!

Short simple adventure, detailing the route from my room to the computer room.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal   Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:33 am

Dude, not sure why but...photobucket just 'copped' all of yours pictures. I'm curious to see what happened. Just thought to notify you.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cactus
Storm Rider Groupie
Mr. Cactus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal   Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Oh, I'm sorry! I reorganized my Photobucket pictures so I guess it messed them up everywhere

They should be fixed now, enjoy~
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal   Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:58 pm

Wow, dude. That's...I don't even have a word for that. The pictures were good though. And I'd have to think you've recovered quite a bit to share this story with us. Better luck next time.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cactus
Storm Rider Groupie
Mr. Cactus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal   Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Funny thing is, she's currently my girlfriend, and yesterday she vetoed my breakup proposal because it was stupid. I love you

Lifes funny that way.
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal   Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Indeed it is. Though, for me, it's full of awkwardness.
Back to top Go down
phuong_tran
Storm Rider Groupie

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal   Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:35 am

topic talk about?????? Sad

Sightline Payments Kirk Sanford
winning lottery numbers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal   Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mr. Cactus' Adventure Journal
Page 1 of 1