AIRGEAR :: Gates of Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Street Gears

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sei
Storm Rider Groupie
Sei

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-05-26

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Has anyone else heard of this game?
Its a free MMO rpg where you race against other people around town and stuff, but between races its a sandbox game, you can wallride, jump really high and do cool tricks, Its pretty much Air Gear online. They also have the long jump kinda thing seen at the end of the anime.
Only a few downsides are that its only in Korean, Spanish and German. So I haven't played it yet and don't know if its any good, and there is no fighting so no extreme things. It looks fun though.

CG Trailer:
:Gameplay

[X]
[X]
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Sounds interesting. Also, I just happend to realize this by looking at your sig's picture, but...that's Apple from that oneshot manga "Apple." Did you know that? It was very interesting, so of course I ended up remembering it. I hated that there wasn't a sequel...

So about Street Gears, I think I have seen in before when I was out of the country. If I remember correctly, there was a promo-tent for it in the Czech Republic where I was attending a 5K race. I still have the free-demo disc I got from that time. But...I can't read it, but there is a game on it that's just as you described.
Back to top Go down
Sei
Storm Rider Groupie
Sei

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:59 pm

Yep. Ive read apple. It was intresting, good characters and an ok storyline. I was hoping there would be a sequel but thats the problem with oneshots. You know theres never gonna be one. . .

Street gears ive now played because I downloaded the german version, its ok to play even if you cant read the language (like me). Pictures and red dots on the map help you along and the voices are in english.
You should check if it is the game.
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:10 am

It probably is, but like I said, it's all in Czech. As for the voices...I guess it's Czech too. I only recognize a few languages: English, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and...French.

Now, when it comes to oneshots, why do their plotlines draw you so into the story it leaves you full of regret and emptyness when there's no "TBC"?
Back to top Go down
Sei
Storm Rider Groupie
Sei

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:15 am

I think the voices will be in English for all of them apart from Korean. Would make life easier for all the countries. They just need to make the whole game english and problem solved for everyone.

Oneshots are a love hate relationship creator. You always love them when you are reading them but then hate them when its ended. Ive read a few good oneshots and a lot of bad one though. The person who done Apple done a few good ones. One based in the future and everyone wears the same outfit and mask, best line in it "who are you?" "YOUR HUSBAND!"
Make me chuckle.
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:22 am

Oh, I remember that one! That one was called Persnant. Have you heard about this oneshot called Stray Dog? IT talks about a one eye'd man who carries a huge sword and has a a small girl with a long braid for a companion.
Back to top Go down
Sei
Storm Rider Groupie
Sei

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:24 am

I've seen it around but never actually read it. What is it about?

You know whats worse than oneshots? Stuff that gets canceled. Because it has no ending and nothing close to an ending.
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:29 am

Stray Dog: A warrior, plundering the people for money, finds a military dog, a creation that with the power of a dog and the intelligence of a human and takes the dog in as his own and becomes the dog's master.

Cancelled series? Oh yeah, that really does get annoying. I've been the victim of that one too many times. A site will put up a manga/anime. Then soon, glitches appear and it stops playing. Next thing you know, it's suspended without further notice!
Back to top Go down
Sei
Storm Rider Groupie
Sei

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:34 am

SokrasShibuya wrote:
Stray Dog: A warrior, plundering the people for money, finds a military dog, a creation that with the power of a dog and the intelligence of a human and takes the dog in as his own and becomes the dog's master.

Cancelled series? Oh yeah, that really does get annoying. I've been the victim of that one too many times. A site will put up a manga/anime. Then soon, glitches appear and it stops playing. Next thing you know, it's suspended without further notice!
Sounds pretty odd. Not sure if I will like it, Its rare for me to really like an action manga. Im more into the romance kinda stuff. Odd for a boy Smile

It really annoyed me when I found out they canceled Zombie Powder and Ragnarok. I stopped reading them after that because I didn't see the point to read up to the amount they released when it was gonna end without a reason.
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:42 am

I've heard about Zombie Powder, but I got into Zombie Loan instead. Comedy-Action is more my thing. Though, a friend of mine is trying to get me to read...what was it called? h yeah! Fruits Basket and Angel Sanctuary. The first one was okay, but the second one..., nah. I was confused and annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Sei
Storm Rider Groupie
Sei

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:47 am

Ive heard of zombie loan, I was going to get it at one point of time but then didn't have the money.
You should read Zombie Powder, its very entertaining, better than bleach.
Fruits baskets is really good, one of my favirotes but the problem is that there is just so much of it. Angel Sanctuary looked a bit too dull for me. Angels dont really float my boat.
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 2:25 am

Really, save yourself. Only read Angel Sanctuary if you're into twisted romance. Furuba was good except for the length. I'll take a look a Zombie Power then. And I'm not a fan of Bleach. Just the same as how I'm not a fan of Yugioh.
Back to top Go down
Sei
Storm Rider Groupie
Sei

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:25 pm

SokrasShibuya wrote:
Really, save yourself. Only read Angel Sanctuary if you're into twisted romance. Furuba was good except for the length. I'll take a look a Zombie Power then. And I'm not a fan of Bleach. Just the same as how I'm not a fan of Yugioh.
I think I'll skip Angel Sanctuary.
Good thing about Furuba was that there wasnt really any loop holes in the story that made you think "What the? That actually can't happen. . ."
Zomdie Powder isn't like bleach at all really, I'd say more like Trigun.
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:10 pm

Trigun huh? Okay, that's calming to think about. And about Furuba, the loop-holes only occured if you kept going back and forth between the manga and anime. Though, it's all Akito's fault. In the anime Akito was a guy. So when I read the manga, I was all..."the hell!?"
Back to top Go down
Sei
Storm Rider Groupie
Sei

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:00 pm

SokrasShibuya wrote:
Trigun huh? Okay, that's calming to think about. And about Furuba, the loop-holes only occured if you kept going back and forth between the manga and anime. Though, it's all Akito's fault. In the anime Akito was a guy. So when I read the manga, I was all..."the hell!?"
I think the only reason for that is because the anime didn't make it far enough. At no point of time it says Akito is a guy, they just make people think she is by the way she looks and acts. You don't really expect a girl to look like that and get really angry.
Back to top Go down
SokrasShibuya
B-Class Storm Rider
SokrasShibuya

Male

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:05 am

Actually, yes. I've seen my share in various animes. It's the part where they say Akito marries Shigure in the manga.
Back to top Go down
LeeRain
Storm Rider Groupie

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:16 am

Great job getting these all in one locatinon Marshalrusty! I'm bookmarking this thread.

Sponsored content

Street Gears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Gears   Street Gears Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street Gears
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIRGEAR :: Gates of Heaven :: Other :: Games-
Jump to: